Some people claim that there is nothing more therapeutic or relaxing as looking after and caring for your own garden. Creating a beautiful garden is a time consuming and laborious task however. Garden planning takes systematic planning and organization and an immense amount of patience. But people who have gone through the process of planning for a garden claim that the fruits of garden planning are uncountable.
Essential Garden Planning Tips
Garden planning is an art. Therefore like any master piece a lot of garden planning design must be preceded with careful calculation and consideration. Early planning for a garden gives a picture of what ones future garden will look like therefore giving scope for corrections earlier on. For most gardens planning is the key.
- First one must have a clear idea of the amount of space one is working with. Knowing the dimensions of ones garden is one of the most essential garden planning strategies. After one has measured the length , breadth area of the garden the best thing to so is draw a rough map of the garden (preferably to scale) to make the garden planning process easier. On the map, one should start chalking out the garden planning design. This design will include everything a person wishes to incorporate into the garden.
- Next, one can go on to make a planting schedule. Once an initial garden planning design had been made you will have an idea of the kind of trees and plants you want in your garden. Therefore it is a good idea to create a planting schedule according to amount of time each plant takes to grow. For example, if you have plans on planting big trees that give shade put them first on your schedule as they will take a long time to grow to there full size and height.
- Soil is a very important aspect of any garden. Thus, when planning for a garden you must keep in mind the kind of soil you are using. It is important to find out what soil type you are working with before planting or even buying.
To make garden planning easier there are a number of garden planning software available which help with a virtual garden planning design. These software can be easily downloaded or bought on the internet
Things To Remember While Planning For A Garden
- Check the soil you are using as it is most essential to garden planning
- Take care of safety measures during your gardens planning stages.
- Try to use local varieties of seeds and trees when just starting out.
- Keep all obstacles in mind while planning for the garden.
- Stalk up on essential gardening tools.
- When planning for a garden make note on which side the ground slopes, this is essential to watering your plants.
- Keep in mind the real purpose of the garden and the members of your family when garden planning.
When you decide to create your garden, garden planning is essential to its success. Planning for a garden helps to create something beautiful minus the chaos and extra work.
- Design Your Garden – BBC Gardening